Qualified Business Analyst with 6+ years of experience improving sales performance using business solution software and data analysis. Excellent communication skills, allowing me to effectively present findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders. Seeking to utilise my strong prioritisation skills and analytical expertise to help contribute to the goals of your company.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Database management systems (Improvado, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Project management software (Wrike and AtTask)
- EDI standards and processing
- Agile software development methodology
Business Analyst | January 2021 – Present
- Develop business architecture with consideration for scope, processes, alternatives, and risks
- Analyse clients’ business needs through document analysis, interviews, workshops, and workflow analysis
- Conduct 5+ levels of testing to verify the client’s needs are met, including functional, regression, user acceptance, integration and performance
- Successfully guided the development and modification of systems for a high-profile client, increasing operational efficiency by 25%
- Liaise between business and technical personnel to ensure a shared understanding of processes and applications
Whitley & Co., Reading
Business Analyst | May 2018 – December 2020
- Engaged with clients to gather software requirements/business rules, and ensured alignment with development teams
- Translated stakeholder requirements into over 10 different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams.
- Evaluated risks related to requirements implementation, testing processes, project communications, and training saving the company on average £3,000+ monthly.
- Identified and resolved errors in client data to ensure accurate business requirements.
- Drafted and maintained business requirements and aligned them with technical requirements.
Reed Accountancy, Guildford
Junior Business Analyst | September 2016 – April 2018
- Assisted Project Manager in analysing business processes and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Gathered and interpreted complex data to inform decision making and drive operational efficiency
- Wrote reports and presentations to effectively communicate findings to stakeholders
- Supported clients with systems configuration and implementation, maintaining customer satisfaction levels of over 90%
The University of Manchester (2013-2016)
BS in Computer Science (First class honours)
Relevant Modules: Database Systems, Knowledge-based AI, System Architecture, Modelling Data on the Web, Querying Data on the Web
Dissertation Topic: The Value of Data in Risk Management Assessment
King David High School, Manchester (2006-2013)
A-levels: Maths (A), Physics (A), Business Studies (A)
GCSEs: 10 A*-C including Maths, Combined Science, and Design and Technology
Hobbies & Interests
- Amateur football player
- Spanish cooking
- Movie enthusiast