Here’s how you make a CV for your first job in the UK:
- Create a header with your first and surname, email address, phone number, and LinkedIn profile
- Write a detailed personal statement (introduce yourself and summarise your experience and accomplishments)
- Include your relevant work experience
- Detail your educational background (including GCSEs and A-Levels)
- List your job-related skills on your CV (both hard and soft skills relevant to your industry)
- Finally, add any additional sections for your hobbies & interests, certifications, licenses, awards, or publications
Depending on your length of experience, you’ll want to change the order of your CV. For example, if you’re writing a graduate CV, you might want to focus on your education by listing it before your work experience.
Additionally, learning how to write a cover letter well and including it with your CV is always a great way to set yourself apart from other job applicants by providing an in-depth self-introduction for the employer.