Here’s how to make a CV on your phone:
1. Download a word-processing app
If you don’t have a word-processing app on your phone already, we suggest using either Google Docs (free) or Microsoft Word (paid). Here’s where you can download them:
2. Write your CV on the app
Include your name and contact information in your CV’s header, followed by sections for your personal statement, work experience, education, skills, and hobbies & interests. To simplify the process, download a CV template and fill in your information.
3. Proofread your CV
After you make your CV on your phone, re-check it for errors. Typing on a small screen is difficult, so be extra careful when you proofread your CV.
4. Ensure your filename is clear and professional
To be sure the recruiter opens your CV, give it a clear filename (e.g., Your-Name-CV). If you’re unsure how to change your filename, follow these instructions:
- How to rename a CV file in Google Docs for iOS
- How to rename a CV file in Google Docs for Android
- How to rename a CV file in Microsoft Word for iOS
- How to rename a CV file in Microsoft Word for Android
5. Email your CV
When you’re ready to email your CV, just follow the appropriate instructions below:
- How to email a CV in Google Docs for iOS
- How to email a CV in Google Docs for Android
- How to email a CV in Microsoft Word for iOS
- How to email a CV in Microsoft Word for Android
If you don’t have time to learn how to write a good CV from scratch, you can also build a CV on your phone using a CV maker. Simply input your information and the builder software will set out a professional CV for you.