Here’s how to set out a CV:
- Create a header with your first and surname, email address, phone number, and LinkedIn profile
- Write a convincing personal statement (introduce yourself and summarise your background)
- List your relevant work experience in reverse-chronological order
- Detail your educational background (including A-Levels and GCSEs)
- List your job-related skills (both hard and soft skills relevant to your industry)
- Finally, add a section for your hobbies & interests, awards, publications, certifications, or licenses
Depending on your experience and the type of CV you’re writing, you may want to change the format of your CV. For example, on a graduate CV you’d include your education section before your work experience because you likely lack relevant work experience in your field and are relying on your education to secure a job.