A cover letter should include the following information:
- Contact details: (name, address, email, phone number, LinkedIn)
- Salutation: (Dear [Contact Person’s Name])
- Introductory paragraph: Introduce yourself, the position you’re applying for, why you’re interested, and your related experience & accomplishments
- Main body: Provide examples of your accomplishments and experience, and explain why these achievements make you a good candidate for the position
- Closing paragraph: Thank the employer for their time and state your availability for an interview
- Sign-off: Use “Yours sincerely,” or something similarly professional
Be sure you know how to address a cover letter to the contact person with their professional title, and use a formal sign-off before ending your cover letter. Additionally, use a professional email address in your contact details, such as email@example.com.